History
In 1908, the parishioners of St. Ann in Cadillac, Michigan began
construction of their first parochial school during the pastorate of Father
E.S. Lafebre. Located behind the old convent, the four rooms, two-story
structure opened in the fall of 1910 for grades 1-8 directed by the Sisters
of Mercy.

In the fall of 1959, a new eight-room school opened on Oak Street to
replace the original school with 285 students in eight grades. In the mid-
1960’s the school’s format changed to include grades 1-6, allowing the
addition of a library and an all-purpose room. A kindergarten program
was added in 1983 and in 1985, St. Ann’s eliminated sixth grade when the
Cadillac Area Public Schools incorporated sixth grade into its Middle
School.

In 1983, the parish built a new church on 13th Street, three miles north of
the school. The old school remained in service to grades K-5, employing
a staff of certified teachers, a full time principal, and additional support
personnel.  

In May of 1985, the parish celebrated the 75th anniversary of the school
with a week of festivities including a parish party and school reunion and
a special liturgy with Bishop Robert Rose.

In 1989, Reverend Robert Bissot initiated a building fund to enable the
construction of a new school adjoining the church.  This facility opened in
April of 1993 with six classrooms, a library, an all-purpose room, a gym, a
parish-shared kitchen, and a playground.

Father Francis Murphy became pastor of St. Ann’s in August of 1997.
That fall, the school opened a licensed preschool operating two biweekly
sessions. For the 1998 school year, the preschool added another
session three days a week. To make room for the additional students, the
library was moved to the all-purpose room and the original library became
a classroom.
Cadillac, MI 49601

231.775.1301